Being a very organized and dedicated person, I was entitled in April 2009 to be responsible for the proper functioning and callibration of the Allegretto Wave-Eye Q Excimer Laser System. I eagerly accepted this challenge by learning as much as possible both from the Instruction Manual (English version) and from the medical and Service staff.
My responsabilities were:
- performing the monthly and daily tests and callibration: Micrometer, EyeTracker, Fluence, Scanner tests, Energy Check , Gas Change;
- introducing patients data into the laser’s notebook and verifying it with the surgeon;
- adjusting lights and controls throughout the surgery by operating the laser’s notebook and control panel;
- assisting surgeons in performing the Define Center procedure in cases where the patient’s visual axis does not match the pupil’s geometrical center;
- giving indications to patients according to each surgery phase;
- creating and completing additional archive reports as my personal evidence of energy values evolution, service interventions,
- consumable requirements and managing errors;
- supervising the device’s safety cleaning: I realised that even the tiniest aspect matters, I was very fond of this performant machine, being a technological wonder for me that needs proper care and maintenance;
- maintaining the relationship with the Service Department;
- ordering consumables;
- training replacement personnel to operate the laser system after my departure to Holland in November 2011.
Being involved in the Laser Excimer surgery activity, I was tempted to photograph this machine and merge pictures to mirror the patient’s point of view. I used it as a .ppt presentation background in 2011.
Several of my PC graphics were connected to the Excimer Laser for advertising purposes: