My fragile appearance contradicts my inner strength that made me face the challenges of Sculpture and obtain best results.
Taking famous artists as inspiring models, as Michelangelo, Brancusi, Calder or Rodin, I enjoyed complete freedom of choice in three dimensional materializations of my passion.
My sculptures include a wide range of materials and techniques:
clay, plaster, wood, marble, bronze, and the unconventional cane, corn husk, wood ashes, tinder, polyurethane foam, wire nets, rope, etc.
I graduated the “Ion Andreescu” University of Plastic Arts & Design in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, in 2003, as valedictorian in the Sculpture Department. My graduation project followed my passion for flying and nature in the “Cradle Song“.
- “De Stoerderij“ – stalwart advertising board, 2014-2015
- “Echoes“ – oil painted, carved and burned european oak wood, 2014
- Portrait studies in clay
- “Icarus” – wood, rope & plaster, 1999
- “Awakening” – marble, 2001
- “Kingdoms” – bronze on marble, 2001
- “Mandala” – wood & iron, 2002
- “Cradle” – wood, 2002
- Unconventional materials works:
- Childhood sculpture