– a special gift to my mother
– acrylic painting on a 3D cotton canvas, 30 x 30cm
– the frame: burned, painted and stained wood, black metal bolts
– source of inspiration: a photo of a Frisian foal named “Yoi” by Hendrik Schulz
– concept: “Spring” because of the springtime in a horse’s life, in a springtime landscape with falling petals instead of leaves.
I fell in love with this photo because it reminds me of the ancient Greek sculptures of Phidias, apart from the fact that I just love all foals and Frisian horses.
Hendrik Schulz’s photo: